Friday, January 4, 2008

Sarah & Aaron - Oct. 27, 2007, Norfolk Botanical Gardens

I love the Botanical Gardens, and I love Fall floral designs so this wedding was a beauty to design. I used lots of warm saturated colors for the bouquets and to set off the decor. For Sarah's bouquet I designed a cascade style bouquet filled with yellow and mango mini calla lily's, black bacarro roses, orange and red hypericum, butter colored stock, osiana roses, croton leaves, and medium-light orange sombrero roses. To finish the bouquet I used a mango colored queen's day rose to pull all the color together. Sarah's attendants carried nosegay style bouquets with mango and yellow mini calla lily's, purple calla lily's, queen's day roses, magenta gerbera daisy, hypericum berries, green Fuji mums all accented with croton leaves. I lined the pathway to their outdoor garden wedding with our Sheppard hooks adorned with brown ribbon. We hung white candles from the hooks to light the path.
For Sarah and Aaron's reception I designed centerpieces using pumpkins as containers for arrangements of sunflowers, seeded eucalyptus, croton leaves, gerbera daisy's, Kermit mums, yellow daisy's and sombrero roses. I accented the arrangement by surrounding it with candle holders made from carved out gourds. The tables were covered in a beautiful chocolate under cloth and ivory overlay and the chairs were covered in ivory chair covers with chocolate sashes. Once again, working with Jodi from Sweetwater Cuisine was a pleasure. I can't say enough about how good her and her staff are.
Sarah and Aaron's wedding was a picture perfect Fall wedding!

No comments: