Friday, January 4, 2008

Colleen & Chad - Oct 20, 2007, Sacred Heart Church/Downtown Marriott

Colleen and Chad set the tone of classic elegance with their choice of venues. Scared Heart Church is beautiful and the Downtown Marriott staff and style are top shelf. I loved designing the floral decor for them full of classic roses. For Colleen's bridal bouquet I designed a simple, rich with color bouquet of black bacarro roses and accented the entire bouquet with stephanotis. Colleen's attendants also carried tightly wrapped bouquets of Mona Lisa roses, which are a light-medium pink rose with a high petal count and a large blossom. I added a subtle hint of black bacarro roses to her matron of honor Abby's bouquet. The ceremony pews were adorned with silver pew cups filed with both black bacarro and Mona Lisa roses. Later I moved these to the reception to decorate the cocktail tables. At the reception I used a variety of cubed and taller vases to add dimension to the tables and view of the room. The cube vases were either filled with red roses petals adorned with pink roses on top or pink rose petals with black bacarro roses embellishing the top. The taller vases alternated the Mona Lisa roses and the black bacarro roses. In the vases with the Mona Lisa roses I tinted the water red and the vases with the black bacarro roses the water was tinted pink. The soft pinks of the Mona Lisa's and the deep saturated merlot of the black bacarro complimented each other beautifully. Weddings are beautiful and I enjoy all my designs, weddings packed with roses are classic.

No comments: